Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Map!
I would like to have my map added. I had it tested on another server and there were no significant issues. Here is the Map and Arm Script. Due to a spawn issue, the arm script contains the spawns. It has 24 spawns and should be big enough for 24 players.

Overview 1
Overview 2
Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3
Screenshot 4
Screenshot 5
Screenshot 6

Both of the overviews are a bit old, but the only real changes are lighting and some missed nodraws were corrected.

It is called ttt_polaris. It is an abandoned military bunker built above a mining project. The halls are cluttered with fallen shelves, the lights are dim and dying, the bottom floor has been flooded, explosions above ground shake the bunker, and the terrorists are not alone in Polaris.

Features:
  • Shooting range with moving targets.
  • Armory that can only be accessed with a code found somewhere in the map.
  • Subtle hints and clues that lead to hidden rooms and pathways.
  • Various environmental hazards such as radiation and toxic water.
  • A large mine below the bunker to contrast the claustrophobic feel of the bunker.
  • Secrets... a lot of them.

Also, if ttt_siege is still in the rotation, it needs to be removed due to incredibly poor performance/optimization issues.
Alright so I moved your post to a separate topic so I can get peoples opinions on the map if you guys can download it and have a look that would be great!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WibmcsEGLKo<br />A wake up call<br /><br />Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde
This map is good. If this map gets added I would really wish it'll replace catacombs. Looking at this again, the only thing I'm not so sure with is the amount of weapons and ammunition that are inside the map.
[img width=356 height=200]http://i.imgur.com/S5vETkO.png[/img]<br /><br />&quot; I know you may not believe this, but I'm human.<br />And yet... I want to eat this so bad, I can't help it. <br />But if I do, I won't be human anymore. &quot; - Ken Kaneki
(06-19-2013, 07:05 AM)Hamburger Time link Wrote:Also, if ttt_siege is still in the rotation, it needs to be removed due to incredibly poor performance/optimization issues.

Yes Yes Yes.^

I personally think it's be a good map, there aren't many maps that have puzzles and stuffs.
3:05 PM - Hamburger Time: Ghandi is overrated.<br /><br />3:05 PM - Hamburger Time: He wasn't a saint like everyone thinks,
I wanna play! (please don't be low frame rate!)
Sorry, no fun gif located here. Perhaps below here?
(06-19-2013, 07:26 AM)Talmera link Wrote:Alright so I moved your post to a separate topic so I can get peoples opinions on the map if you guys can download it and have a look that would be great!
Sorry, new to the forum so I was not quite sure to start a new thread or not.

(06-19-2013, 03:21 PM)Drakanen link Wrote:I wanna play! (please don't be low frame rate!)
I had around 16 people on it the other day and no one had any performance issues, so you should be fine.

I'll edit the original post and add some information about it.
Very good map! Makes TTT more interesting and diverse. Also great, because it's dark and mysterious and you always find something new each round!
[img width=500 height=25]http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9869/vun.png[/img]
This looks like it could be a really fun map to explore and play on Big Grin Can't wait to see it on the server to try it out~
[Image: tumblr_n2q7cgsqfG1s18m8ho2_500.gif]
Thanks for adding my map to the rotation! I saw it was on earlier, but was unable to join at the time. I am still looking for feedback for an improved v2, so if you notice any problems or have any suggestions, please let me know. I am aware of two minor issues (spawning in the water and the armory door getting stuck open), but those will be held off until I make enough changes to warrant a second version of the map.
(06-20-2013, 11:47 PM)Hamburger Time link Wrote:Thanks for adding my map to the rotation! I saw it was on earlier, but was unable to join at the time. I am still looking for feedback for an improved v2, so if you notice any problems or have any suggestions, please let me know. I am aware of two minor issues (spawning in the water and the armory door getting stuck open), but those will be held off until I make enough changes to warrant a second version of the map.

I would suggest toning down the flickering likes some of them are REALLY excessive in the way they flash and far too consistent especially the one in the secret chamber.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WibmcsEGLKo<br />A wake up call<br /><br />Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde