Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gen's Ban Appeal
Your Steam name: Gen_Acid

Any Witnesses: Do not care to drag anyone else into this

Name of modmin: Canti

Time abuse began/ended at: 5:30-5:47

Situation: I am running up to a ladder. Rexy shoots towards me and barely misses me hitting the ground or the container directly next to me. I follow him as he continues shooting and once I am in a good position I opened fire. I fail to kill him because the shotgun is garbage and get blasted. (something completely different but that is why I waited to open fire as opposed to shooting him on the spot because I wanted to actually have a shot. This is what I told Canti.) I was slayed as Canti put it for my "track record" (which should not come into account as it adds nothing to this situation) and because I waited a few extra seconds to fire at Rexy. During this time Rexy called me a fag multiple times (once I believe in chat) and nothing was said about that.

Next map I am cooling down on roy the boat or some crap and standing alone and cooling off from the previous map and I am shooting a smiley face into the side of a container. During this time Rexy starts watching me and asking me to stop (because I am standing in a confined area and shooting a wall near nobody.). Me not being as rational when I am sorta pissed told him to shut up and shot him straight in the face with a deagal, and with a little more anger put into admin chat "there now you can slay me". That being did was in anger but I killed 1 person and was instantly banned. Without warning or real reason.

Canti might not have been the one to ban me. Who knows but I did nothing to warrant the ban and the slay previously. When someone brings a track record into a situation as opposed to facts put infront of them. That is wrong.
Perhaps I should revise procedure to say "witnesses and evidence  are mandatory" because whether or not you want to drag other people into it - how are we supposed to accurately piece together what happened without witnesses? It becomes a matter of back and forth accusing with no productive solution.

I want to note that rules have changed since you were last on. As I said before, you need to actually read and understand them. In regards to "track records" - they are relevant. Modmins have the right to deal with people who have histories of bans with more severity. As an ex-member of staff - you of all people should know what we do and how frustrating it is when people push things to the limit.

Whether or not you deserved the ban is unclear at the moment. This feels more like a ban appeal than an abuse report if anything. Would you be more interested in a ban appeal?
[Image: XmM2GJ6.png]
My comment about your "track record" is because every time I've played with you since my return you've RDM'd people and tried to use "oh he was T-baiting" as an excuse. You've been doing it for a year. You did it on here, you did it on Fig, and no matter how many times you've been asked to stop, you continue to do it anyway. On one occasion you even blatantly T-baited someone yourself and proceeded to misuse the admin chat saying you got RDM'd after "as a joke". You've given me no reason to trust your judgement.

There's also nothing in the logs to indicate Rexy was killed for any reason besides the same "t-baiting", and you couldn't provide any evidence besides that except "the shotgun sucks", and as far as I know, you made no effort to even call him out the first time he supposedly shot towards you. As for him calling you a "fag"...

Quote:2. Harassment/Offensive Conduct
We are all here to meet new people and to have some fun. In the event that the conduct of another player (this may include their name, a spray, speech, chat, etc.) is offensive or harmful to you, you may request an admin look into it for further intervention. Names and sprays should also be tasteful and not disruptive to gameplay.

You didn't make any effort at all to indicate that Rexy had offended you by saying that, so I figured the issue didn't require any intervention.

It does not matter how you spin the incident on the other map, it was blatant revenge RDM. You had no reason whatsoever to kill Rexy while you were innocent, you did it solely out of retaliation for being slain.

I don't care how "angry" you were either. You can't try to justify RDMing people and being rude (I distinctly remember you telling Rexy to "shut the fuck up" when he asked you to stop baiting before you killed him) because you were in a grumpy mood, then try to imply I was wrong or Rexy needs some kind of punishment because he called you a fag out of anger as well. That isn't how it works.
Quote:[quote author=Prince Taurvi link=topic=3773.msg41649#msg41649 date=1422411949]
Perhaps I should revise procedure to say "witnesses are mandatory" because whether or not you want to drag other people into it - how are we supposed to accurately piece together what happened without witnesses? It becomes a matter of back and forth accusing with no productive solution.

I want to note that rules have changed since you were last on. As I said before, you need to actually read and understand them. In regards to "track records" - they are relevant. Modmins have the right to deal with people who have histories of bans with more severity.

Whether or not you deserved the ban is unclear at the moment. This feels more like a ban appeal than an abuse report if anything.

I have no idea if anybody witnessed it.

Track record should not be brought into anything. Rexy shot and missed me very narrowly. I retaliated when I got into good range with the shotgun. Taurvi I understand the rules and I have no history of bans. So spare me that please. It was an unjust slay and an unjust ban.[/quote]

Quote:My comment about your "track record" is because every time I've played with you since my return you've RDM'd people and tried to use "oh he was T-baiting" as an excuse. You've been doing it for a year. You did it on here, you did it on Fig, and no matter how many times you've been asked to stop, you continue to do it anyway. On one occasion you even blatantly T-baited yourself and proceeded to misuse the admin chat saying you got RDM'd after "as a joke". You've given me no reason to trust your judgement. There's also nothing in the logs to indicate Rexy was killed for any reason besides the same "t-baiting", and you couldn't provide any evidence besides that except "the shotgun sucks", and as far as I know, you made no effort to even call him out the first time he supposedly shot towards you.

So because I am who I am when a problem arises I am unfairly judged. This is not the boy who cried wolf. This is just off of facts. Rexy did shoot towards me and narrowly missed me. I bet the logs showed that round that I had not done anything regarding guns or something of the like. I do not care if you trust my judgement but I do care about you making correct decisions. I know when I am in the wrong and if I was not 100% sure of the situation I would have taken the slay based on what Taurvi has told me. That being said a slay for a track record is BS and shows negligence. So what if I waited a few extra seconds I got into range and when I did that is when I fired. It was almost immediately afterwords and not like I shot at him 2 minutes later for it.

As for him calling you a "fag"...

2. Harassment/Offensive Conduct
    We are all here to meet new people and to have some fun. In the event that the conduct of another player (this may include their name, a spray, speech, chat, etc.) is offensive or harmful to you, you may request an admin look into it for further intervention. Names and sprays should also be tasteful and not disruptive to gameplay.

You didn't make any effort at all to indicate that Rexy had offended you by saying that, so I figured the issue didn't require any intervention.

Ah so it is just okay conduct for somebody to repeatedly call someone a fag on the mic.

It does not matter how you spin the incident on the other map, it was blatant revenge RDM. You had no reason whatsoever to kill Rexy while you were innocent, you did it solely out of retaliation for being slain.

It was not revenge RDM. I was pissed and pressed my buttons at the wrong time and I shot him but it was not revenge. If you would have asked why I killed him you would have gotten nothing that sounded anything like I slayed him out of revenge (because it had nothing to do with that).

I don't care how "angry" you were either. You can't try to justify RDM'ing people and being rude (I distinctly remember you telling Rexy to "shut the fuck up" when he asked you to stop baiting before you killed him) because you were in a grumpy mood, then try to imply I was wrong or Rexy needs some kind of punishment because he called you a fag out of anger as well. That isn't how it works.

I am not trying to justify myself killing Rexy. I have already said before I was wrong about that it was a mistake but it was not out of revenge and it could have been anyone else at that moment in time. The instant ban was wrong for one kill you assumed was revenge rdm. The slay was wrong because you assumed I was just bullshitting from my track record.

You don't need to have a ban history to have a "record" - as far as I'm concerned, you draw up most of the complaints for pushing rules and modmins to their limits. Quite frankly, I'm surprised you are surprised it finally bit you back.

I also cannot comment on whether the admin behavior is unjust unless witnesses or proof are provided. For the sake of avoiding what happened in the last thread - please try really hard to remember who was on at the time.
(01-28-2015, 02:40 AM)Prince Taurvi link Wrote: You don't need to have a ban history to have a "record" - as far as I'm concerned, you draw up most of the complaints for pushing rules and modmins to their limits. Quite frankly, I'm surprised you are surprised it finally bit you back.

I also cannot comment on whether the admin behavior is unjust unless witnesses or proof are provided. For the sake of avoiding what happened in the last thread - please try really hard to remember who was on at the time.

Bit me back Taurvi? I only bite back when it is wrong.

EDIT: Its funny I also never see these complaints. So besides the general things it must be all backroom meetings!

What proof do you want from me? The logs from the server I am banned from? Witnesses who I have no idea if they saw Rexy shooting at me? I was not taking down names of credible witnesses of people I witnessed watching rexy shoot me.

If you want people who were in the server....

Bubblegum
Holland
Blog?
Bat?

Slew of others?
I was shooting the cargo container less than 4 steps infront of me. You were at the ladder when it happened, If I would've wanted to shoot you I would've adjusted my aim. After I shot, you stopped turned around, and simply watched me. You were firmly on the ground beside me but, you didn't decide to shoot me. Once I moved up the ladder,  You started to follow me, wait until I was shooting some more, and then tried to attack me. No warnings, callouts or anything, just followed behind me and unloaded. The only reason that I asked for a slay was because he didn't say anything or even call me out. 

When the map changes, I was detective. I was hoping around the front of the boat, when I heard shooting I started looking around. I then found Gen shooting into the side of a cargo container, and I asked him to stop THREE times. Each time he responded with the whole "Shut the fuck up" thing. Last time I asked him, he walked up, and shot me.

Edit: Just to clarify. I only called you a fag twice. Both of which were right after you killed me.

(01-28-2015, 02:47 AM)Gen_Acid link Wrote: EDIT: Its funny I also never see these complaints. So besides the general things it must be all backroom meetings!
Funny thing you didn't see the rule change despite it being posted as the first thing you see when entering the forums.
(01-28-2015, 02:47 AM)Gen_Acid link Wrote: If you want people who were in the server....

Bubblegum
I only heard Rexy saying "gen stahp being a feg" and saw you shoot at Rexy in the shitty boat map。
That's all I can provide B(
[center][img width=269 height=200]http://i.imgur.com/gdwU6U8.png[/img]<br />everything you need to know about me
Quote:EDIT: Its funny I also never see these complaints. So besides the general things it must be all backroom meetings!

Why should you get to see the complaints? You aren't staff anymore and even then - I warned you multiple times about your behavior on the server. I don't have to explicitly tell you every time you get a complaint even more now since you aren't staff.

The following witnesses may post here: Rexy, Blog, Paint, Bat, Princess Bubblegum
(01-28-2015, 02:49 AM)Rexy link Wrote: I was shooting the cargo container less than 4 steps infront of me. You were at the ladder when it happened, If I would've wanted to shoot you I would've adjusted my aim. After I shot, you stopped turned around, and simply watched me. You were firmly on the ground beside me but, you didn't decide to shoot me. Once I moved up the ladder,  You started to follow me, wait until I was shooting some more, and then tried to attack me. No warnings, callouts or anything, just followed behind me and unloaded. The only reason that I asked for a slay was because he didn't say anything or even call me out. 

When the map changes, I was detective. I was hoping around the front of the boat, when I heard shooting I started looking around. I then found Gen shooting into the side of a cargo container, and I asked him to stop THREE times. Each time he responded with the whole "Shut the fuck up" thing. Last time I asked him, he walked up, and shot me.

As I said before I waited just a tad longer because I wanted a better situation for myself. I went after you while you were on the catwalk because it limited your movement and I had caught up to you. Why do I need to call you out I handle my own business.

I responded as I did once and then killed you. I was wrong and have no problems accepting a punishment for that.