Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[l4d2] SV_Industrial [survival]
Hello there,I'm making a survival map,and I'm posting a WIP thread here,so people can test,give ideas,and comment about it,I may also need a hand,so if you're good at mapping,watch this space Smile
*watches*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WibmcsEGLKo<br />A wake up call<br /><br />Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde
This may be interesting. L4D2 maps, however, are EXTREMELY difficult to map, considering how long they have to be. Even a survival map may take a very long time.

you should definitely map some g mod maps to help with the startup of this community :$
(03-17-2012, 01:29 PM)FallenAngel link Wrote:you should definitely map some g mod maps to help with the startup of this community :$
like a jailbreak map for me, leet. DOO EEETT

Anyways, L4D2 is fun, but I haven't tried any custom maps yet. Just make sure you include small amounts of ammo so it's not a game of "HOLD M1 AND HOPE YOU HIT SOMETHING", it should be "Use your ammo conservatively, don't waste it"
&quot;If my voice is valid, it is valid everywhere, not where&nbsp;it is permitted.&quot; -Ronald Campbell<br />[Image: 0rpriK6.gif]
(03-17-2012, 01:29 PM)FallenAngel link Wrote:This may be interesting. L4D2 maps, however, are EXTREMELY difficult to map, considering how long they have to be. Even a survival map may take a very long time.

you should definitely map some g mod maps to help with the startup of this community :$

I've already done a part of the main street,I will put pics up soon.

and don't worry,Gmod maps are my next project Wink

(03-17-2012, 01:36 PM)Shenannergans link Wrote:[quote author=FallenAngel link=topic=136.msg1615#msg1615 date=1331990999]
like a jailbreak map for me, leet. DOO EEETT

Anyways, L4D2 is fun, but I haven't tried any custom maps yet. Just make sure you include small amounts of ammo so it's not a game of "HOLD M1 AND HOPE YOU HIT SOMETHING", it should be "Use your ammo conservatively, don't waste it"
[/quote]

Don't worry,ammo will be placed scarcely but easily found
Got two graffiti textures ready for walls! tell me what you think and if they'd go well in the game,will post map shots soon,too.

IN-GAME THE GRAY BG IS NOT THERE,REMEMBER THAT

[Image: manyzedsshow.png]

[Image: guncupboardshow.png]
Make one about Strangelove. YOU MUST.
[img width=500 height=125]http://getdotastats.com/sig/?aid=76561198016047420[/img]
Same thing I said in Shoutbox.

Quote:The writing is too neat. I really don't think in the event of a zombie apocalypse, everyone is going to have perfect writing. o.o
It just makes it a bit too unrealistic if all the writing is a perfect font.
&quot;If my voice is valid, it is valid everywhere, not where&nbsp;it is permitted.&quot; -Ronald Campbell<br />[Image: 0rpriK6.gif]
A major thing a LOT of 'new' mappers is make corners you can back into in survival maps.  This is a really bad idea, as it just makes it too easy.  The best way to make the map actually fun is to make sure that each area has atleast two entrances.  And keep the ammo in a unsecured place to keep campers away.  And a fan favorite is to make sure you have enough explosives, but not too much...