Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Text2Pay Donation
I dont know about many of you but  I don't donate because i don't have a credit/debit card or a paypal account for that mattter...
I'd donate so much more if i could donate using my mobile phone credit which i can top up extremely easy and use it however i wish.

I've seen it used on some other sites where you can donate using your mobile phone, it worked well! You donate the full sum of money which you choose and i think the commission get's taken off your credit too but that said i think its only around 80p or less.

It would probably be very beneficial when we get our donator benefits sorted out as it would enable a wide range of people to donate easily.

I'm unsure whether this has been discussed before, whether you think its a plausible idea or not but hey, it's just a suggestion!
I would donate this way. We must have it implemented.
[img width=500 height=125]http://getdotastats.com/sig/?aid=76561198016047420[/img]
I would too, since I have been having paypal problems D:
I would donate this way too!
So you text the number and it adds the donation to your cell phone bill?  That's really cool, I might use it!
(04-14-2012, 10:02 PM)AyenTanth link Wrote: So you text the number and it adds the donation to your cell phone bill?  That's really cool, I might use it!

What it does is add this secure dialogue thing to your website(wherever you wish) where you select the amount of money you want to donate. You then select your country and just enter your phone number. You will then receive a text waiting for confirmation of your donation. You need to reply to it to donate. That done you'll get a confirmation text that everything has gone through.

Sorry for the bad explanation, on my phone xD
im sorry but text to pay has too many strings attached

this coupled with the fact that it goes around the treasury so it does not auto update makes it too much of a hassle for me.

and yes i read through how the entire proccess works
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WibmcsEGLKo<br />A wake up call<br /><br />Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde